Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thanks for 26-37

Thanksgiving list for Tuesday...


26. Tim and Mary Moore, mom and dad from Idaho and my constant companions these past 12 days

27. for a  couple married 52 years who still talk to each other with respect and affection

28.  small blue, roasted potatoes with carmelized onions...I'm going to call for recipe Jimmy!

29. chipped nail polish replaced with new and with flower designs

30.  the life glow that young people have without trying at all

31.  the joy of giving

32. sweet sweet pink grapefruit from a tree someone planted for you in love

33.  the real peace God gives even to those who are living their last few days on this earth

34.  the comical way a chicken waddles when you chase it off the porch

35.  an ornery cat who gives you a hug (climbs in your lap) from God when you need it most

36. that the house I live in is standing all in one piece and everything inside is in order

37. the hummingbird who likes the purple flowered bush I planted outside my bedroom window


Right now I'm abiding in Him by giving thanks when I don't feel thankful enough.  I'm also abiding in Him by letting him fold my laundry again, and waiting around long enough for it to happen.   I'm abiding in Him by meditating on His word this morning, copying it in my notebook, looking further for meaning and then talking to Him about it. I'm working at this abiding and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment