Monday, April 22, 2013

Hair

I will be meeting with the surgeon this Wednesday, and then my MRI Thursday. I've been told this is the hardest part of the journey emotionally because the full extent of what I have and what it takes to get rid of it will be made clear. I've been initiated into a giant club, so I've been told 4-5 times by survivors, I've been given bath salts, enchiladas, wine and flowers. and getting a trip away with Ben before the storm hits.  This whole thing isn't so bad...at least while I still feel like my usual self. 

 I think I've shed all the tears I have in storage and more won't come until they replenish, but I did cry again yesterday when I started thinking about how chemotherapy takes away your hair. I know that probably sounds silly to any males out there, but all women will know what I'm saying. Our hair is a PART of who we are as women. What's rather ironic is that I have been somewhat secretly thinking that I might be able to grow my hair long enough to donate it,  to make wigs for cancer patients. Do I still bet brownie points if I donate it to myself? Maybe someone could give me their thoughts on that.

3 comments:

  1. A friend told me a google profile was required when commenting so thought I would check.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly--we are sharing this journey--you on yours, me on mine, and together bound by Christ's love and grace. Your hair is gorgeous, and you will be gorgeous with or without it--your beauty through your eyes, smile, skin--but mainly through your essence of being a woman of God. Fight on my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often thought about how attached I am to my hair. Is it an idol? Could I still see the beauty in me that God sees if I didn't have it? I decided that, if I ever lost my hair for whatever reason, I would get the craziest wigs and hats from Party City and make every day its own celebration. So, if you need someone to go crazy wig shopping or to put on a crazy wig with you, let me know. I would gladly jump in with both feet on that one! You are His beautiful creation. His love never fails <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete